Monday, January 2, 2017

Living Water Martial Arts - Who are we?

Hey guys and gals,

My name is Travis Henry. About six months ago, a lady at my church was attacked and robbed by two masked men. It broke her self confidence, shattered her sense of security and changed her life negatively. She had trouble sleeping and was afraid to step out of the house alone, This is not OK.

This prompted me to start a martial arts club at my church, Colbert Baptist in Ada Oklahoma. I have taken classes in a number of arts, Jeet Kune Do, Tae Kwon Do, Krav Maga and Judo to name a few, but they have always left me with questions, holes in my game. I graduated from college in 2006 with a degree in History, with that training and perspective, I am aware that there are more answers then any system from one part of the world had access to in days gone by. Bruce Lee was extremely open minded, freely adopting any technique he found valuable into Jeet Kune Do, but sadly, he passed before the Gracie Family revealed Brazilian Jiu Jitsu to the world, and before Krav Maga and other highly effective arts were highly explored. I am not interested in being limited by any one art, but being activated by them. If you interested in peeking in or joining this journey, hang tight, we are going to have fun. :)

Thanks for reading,
Travis Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment